On May 24th, MCB Partner, Nancy J. Block, swill be speaking in The New York City Bar program entitled The “How To” of Successful Motion Practice: Practical Advice & Tips.
Topics Covered Will Include:
- Key Differences in New York State and Federal Civil Motion Practice
- Strategies for Effective Oral Argument
- Dispositive Motions: Motions to Dismiss and Motions for Summary Judgment
- Discovery Motions
- Motions for Expedited and Injunctive Relief
- Motions for Sanctions, Costs, and Attorney Fees
This valuable program will also examine motion practice from the perspective of a New York State Supreme Court Justice, who handles a high-volume motion calendar in a Commercial Division part. Attorneys practicing in all aspects of civil law and with all levels of practice experience will benefit from the information presented throughout this program.