Meticulous attention to detail is an understatement when it comes to the way Bruce Habian conducts his practice. Whether scrutinizing a plaintiff ’s relevant medical history, examining the minute details of a hospital record, or thoroughly studying all published works concerning his cases’ medical subject matter, Bruce literally “leaves no stone unturned” when he prepares for trial. In his words, “Only when I start seeing repetitive reference citations do I know that I have exhausted my research.”
This focus, together with a broad range of knowledge on all medical topics, is precisely why Senior Trial Partner Bruce Habian is continually recognized as one of the premiere defense attorneys in complex medical cases. His particular specialties include the defense of severe infant neurological injuries; spinal pathology cases; and delayed diagnosis cancer cases.
Bruce’s 45+ years of experience include:
- Analyzing thousands of trial issues, and taking hundreds of cases to successful conclusion in complicated, high exposure medical malpractice and professional liability claims.
- Successfully orchestrating complex medical defenses at trial based upon sophisticated pathological and neuroradiological evidence.
- Representing law firms and major insurance carriers in litigation matters involving personal injury; bankruptcy and commercial litigation; and domestic relations.
- Defending manufacturers in a broad array of product liability cases.
Commensurate with his stellar reputation, Bruce’s awards and accolades are prestigious and numerous. Notably, he is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers; has been selected for inclusion in_ _The Best Lawyers in America© since 1995 for Defendants: Personal Injury Litigation, Legal Malpractice Law, and Medical Malpractice Law; was named the Best Lawyers® 2009 Personal Injury Litigation “Lawyer of the Year” and the Best Lawyers® 2013 Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants “Lawyer of the Year” in New York City; has been honored yearly in New York magazine’s listing of leading attorneys New York City; and has been rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®, their highest rating, since 1985.
Bruce puts his significant legal knowledge to work outside of the courtroom by lecturing extensively on the subjects of cancer litigation and severe neurologically injured infant lawsuits, and authoring chapters on spinal surgery and neuropathology for leading medical publications. He has presented at the American Conference Institute, and for the New York Law Journal Seminars-Press.
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- New York City Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy (faculty member)