Regulated by both federal and state laws, nursing homes and other long-term care facilities are exposed to a broad variety of claims, allegations and lawsuits. Such cases typically involve allegations of mistreatment or neglect of nursing home residents, but may also include claims regarding medication errors, improper nutrition and hydration, and wrongful death.
Nursing home law is a very specific practice area requiring comprehensive knowledge of pertinent governmental laws and regulations; medical care issues in nursing home environments; insurance company operations; and risk management protocols.
WHO WE REPRESENT:
Our clients include nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, continuing care retirement communities, board and long term care homes, home care agencies and hospice care facilities.
WHAT WE HANDLE:
Our trial-proven team has seen every type of claim imaginable in this arena, and has developed a variety of successful strategies in defense against them.
- Collaborate to anticipate aggressive discovery tactics employed by plaintiff’s attorneys
- Conduct early and exhaustive investigations and work-ups to identify all potential issues relevant to the case, and to obtain and preserve valuable information
- Work with the client to formulate a robust defense
- Maintain active involvement in alternative dispute resolution methods
- Consult with clients to provide risk management advice proactively
HOW WE HELP:
The attorneys in our Nursing Home practice area defend nursing homes, SNFs (skilled nursing facilities), assisted living centers, and other long-term facilities against all manner of claims.
Examples of claims we handle include:
- Resident falls
- Elder abuse and neglect
- Alleged assault upon residents
- Nursing home malpractice
- Improper wound care
- Pressure ulcers (bedsores)
- Medication errors
- Nutrition/hydration errors
- Wrongful death