After years of defending against medical malpractice and liability allegations, Senior Trial Partner Mike Madden fully appreciates how stressful the significant risks of financial damages and/or reputational harm are to his clients. With his calm demeanor and good nature, Mike has the ability to immediately put clients at ease and instill in them a sense of security that they will be well represented in all aspects of the case at hand.
Mike prides himself on being both accessible and approachable, and is known for encouraging clients to contact him the moment they feel any stress regarding their case. As he says to them: “Part of my job is not only to defend you, but also to talk you off the ledge—if you wake up at night in a cold sweat, pick up the phone and call me.” He has great admiration for health care workers and first-line responders, and he considers it an honor to provide them with the best possible legal counsel and defense. His passion and dedication, coupled with strong litigation skills and legal acumen, demonstrate exactly why you want Mike on your side. His 28+ years of experience include:
- Representing major medical centers, physicians, nurses, dentists, and other health care providers in all aspects of medical and dental malpractice cases.
- Defending health care institutions against general liability allegations.
- Securing equitable and judicious settlements for hospitals in extremely high exposure/high liability brain damaged baby cases.
- Defending manufacturers in a wide variety of product liability cases.
Mike has continuously been rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®, their highest rating since 2008, and he was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America © 2021 for Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants.
In additional to legal representation, Mike helps medical professionals by lecturing to hospitals and medical centers in New York about various risk management issues. He is also a frequent presenter in the Firm’s Continuing Legal Education program.
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association