Rosaleen McCrory sets an exceptionally high bar for herself when it comes to serving her clients. She likes to get things done timely and efficiently, and consistently earns positive reviews regarding her communication skills, work product, and overall responsiveness. As one five-star review states: “Ms. McCrory is an excellent advocate for her clients…always well prepared and persuasive in her arguments, while at the same time she is courteous and professional.” She has broad knowledge of the various subsets of health care law, which makes her a formidable opponent in these complex cases. As a key member of the Firm’s Nursing Home practice group, she is exceptionally skilled in nursing home and aging services defense.
Rosaleen’s 33+ years of experience include:
- Defense of physicians and medical centers in medical, psychiatric, dental and podiatric malpractice actions.
- Extensive experience representing nursing homes, adult care facilities, assisted living residences and long-term care facilities.
- Representation of physicians in disciplinary maters before the New York State Department of Health and its Offices of Professional Medical Conduct.
Signifcant work in areas of complex mass tort litigation involving asbestos litigation, Hepatitis C/HIV exposure, and fraud & false advertising claims.
In the landmark Libby Zion v. NYH case, Rosaleen was involved in the successful defense of claims for punitive damages against an academic medical center and residents accused of system wide supervision failures, sleep deprivation and medical education failures.
Rosaleen is a member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates and has been selected to The Irish Legal 100. She has been rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®, their highest rating,\* since 2013. Rosaleen is also one of three partners on the Firm’s Executive Committee.
Rosaleen has published articles in MD News and co-authored a chapter on nursing home law in the 5th edition of the Legal Manual for New York Physicians. She frequently speaks at grand rounds to physicians, risk managers and hospital administrators, and she regularly lectures to attorneys and clients in the Firm’s Continuing Legal Education seminars.
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Association for Healthcare Risk Management of New York
- New York Medical Group Management Association
- Defense Research Institute
- New York State Medical Defense Bar Association